Since its formation in 2000, the Spanish Lake Community Association has:
• Worked closely with the County’s Neighborhood Preservation Department to identify and improve problem properties.
• Sponsored annual Youth and Family Resource Fairs to inform residents about programs and activities for youth and families.
• Launched the Spanish Lake Website which provides all residents with up-to-date news and information about our community (www.spanishlakemo.org).
• Established the Spanish Lake Youth and Family Council that has increased services for families and opportunities for youth outside of school hours.
• Developed the Spanish Lake Community Association’s Voice Mail, which responds to a wide variety of questions and concerns from residents.
• Continued to work with many groups to support wise development in our community and elsewhere in North St. Louis County.
• Held electronic recycling events.
• Developed two award-winning community gardens.
• Sponsored regular Town Hall meetings for residents and published a quarterly newsletter, the Spanish Lake News.
• Worked with the Missouri Department of Conservation and other groups to make improvements at Fort Belle Fontaine Park.
• Facilitated the ongoing restoration of the Twillman House as the Spanish Lake Community Center.